Student Assistance

Looking for Support? Not sure where to go? We’re here to help! 

Kirkwood's Student Assistance Team can help you overcome obstacles and reach your goals by connecting you with various resources and support options. Learn more about academic and personal assistance available to students below.

Student InfoFaculty/Staff/Support Person InfoResources


If you have concerns about yourself or another student (i.e. personal concerns, academic concerns), submit a Student Concern Form.

If you do not wish to complete but still want to connect with someone, reach out to the Student Assistance Team via phone at (319) 398-5540 or stopping by 3034 Iowa Hall.

Please keep in mind, students who are potentially of danger to self or others should contact Kirkwood Public Safety at 319-398-7777 or visit

If danger is immediate, call 911.


Contact Us

Make an AppointmentStudent Concern FormResources

Faculty, Staff, Support

Faculty, staff, or others who are concerned about a student, the well-being of a student, or academic concerns are encouraged to complete a Student Concern Form.

Confidentiality laws do not prevent you from reporting a concern. Changes in a student’s habits, attendance, academic performance, attitude, and behavior can be a sign that a student might benefit from outreach and/or support.

If you are reporting academic concerns, please try to reach out to the student before completing the Student Concern Form.

Contact Us

Student Concern FormMake an AppointmentResources


For Emergency Situations:

Dial 911 for emergencies or to report a crime in progress. Follow immediately with a call to Public Safety at 319-398-7777. Public Safety is available 24/7 on main campus only.


For Non-Emergency Situations:

Reach out to report or discuss a non-emergency concern about:


Public Safety:

Contact Public Safety if you witness criminal activity or are the victim of a crime on Kirkwood property or at a Kirkwood sponsored event.


Additional Kirkwood Resources:

Find academic support, speak with a counselor, or get advice for your academic future. Regardless of your need, Kirkwood Student Services is with you every step of the way.


Why Make a Referral?

The academic experience combined with personal struggles can often cause students to be distressed. Identifying and referring a student in distress so they can get help can be an important step to maintaining their academic success.


Early intervention means rapid solutions: Often, a quick response to provide a distressed student with timely resources will ensure that the student remains successful academically. Late intervention often involves missed classes, isolation from friends and family, possible withdrawals, or late drops and an overall interruption in the student’s experience.

Connecting the dots: The Dean of Students Office receives reports of student concerns from faculty, staff, students, and community members (including parents and family). We are able to take concerns that are shared and help to connect students with appropriate on campus and off-campus resources and support.

We care, you care: Making a referral shows that you care about the success of the student to get the help the student needs. It means you are not prepared to let a student fall through the cracks.

It might be required: Under certain circumstances, faculty and staff are obligated to report acts of violence and other threatening behaviors (see Sexual Harassment Procedures).


Dean of Students Office

3034 Iowa Hall